Living Our Vision Sermons - Week 5, To Transform Australia One Life at a Time
- _LOV_Sermon Series_To transform Australia_Transcript (Formatted).docxDownloaded 1 time
- _LOV_Sermon Series_To transform Australia_Transcript (Unformatted).docxDownloaded 2 times
- _LOV_Sermon Series-4x3.pptxDownloaded 2 times
- _LOV_Sermon Series-16x9.pptxDownloaded 2 times
- _LOV_Sermon Series_To transform Australia_Outline.pdfDownloaded 2 times
- _LOV_Sermon Series_To transform Australia_Transcript.pdfDownloaded 2 times
A great example of transformation is found in the Gospel of Mark Chapter seven. It’s the story of a man called Levi, who having been invited to follow Jesus held a party and invited all of his friends to meet Jesus. This all started when Jesus turned aside from the crowd that was following Him and invited one man sitting alone.
A. Jesus left the crowd and approached one individual:
- We must never underestimate the power of a personal invitation.
- Jesus didn’t quarantine himself from the frontline of mission.
- We cannot shine the light of Christ in a bright room.
Point One: Go to where people need the light of Jesus.
B. An invitation that changes everything:
- Levi would have been considered a sinner by most people.
- The goodness of God leads to repentance (Rom 2:4).
- The Kingdom of God starts small but grows over time.
Point Two: One small act of kindness can open people up to the Gospel.
C. Transformation is a process:
- God accepts us as we are, then the process of transformation begins.
- The Gospel transforms our heart.
- When we place our trust in Jesus, the potential that God has placed in every single one of us can flourish.
Point Three: Transformation takes time.