Living Our Vision Sermons - Week 3, Live, Love, and Fight
- _LOV_Sermon_Series_Live_love_and_fight_Transcript_(Formatted).docxDownloaded 14 times
- _LOV_Sermon_Series_Live_love_and_fight_Transcript_(Unformatted).docxDownloaded 11 times
- _LOV_Sermon_Series_Live_love_fight-4x3.pptxDownloaded 18 times
- _LOV_Sermon_Series_Live_love_fight-16x9.pptxDownloaded 10 times
- _LOV_Sermon_Series_Live_love_and_fight_Transcript.pdfDownloaded 11 times
- _LOV_Sermon_Series_Live_love_fight_Outline.pdfDownloaded 14 times
We are all driven by a common cause to help others and make a difference. We may not be all Salvationists, but we are all Salvos. Unlike other charitable organisations, we have a dual purpose: to preach the gospel and to alleviate suffering. Jesus is at the centre of all we do
- A. Salvos
- Example of Salvo ministry:
- The heart of our mission is sharing the love of Jesus.
Point One: Being a Salvo is all about living out the gospel and helping others where we can.
- B. Live: The afflicted person had spiritual encounter with Jesus
- Jesus intentionally went to hard places others would not go.
- No religious person at that time would have sought this man out – but Jesus did!
- Jesus gave up His throne in heaven for a basin and wash towel.
Point Two: We’re known for being there in the hard places, fighting for equity and justice.
- C. Love: The afflicted person had practical encounter with Jesus
- This person who had spent years excluded was now in community.
- This person who was once chained, isolated and naked was now dressed.
- This person who was tormented was now in his right mind
Point Three: Caring for the whole person is what being a Salvo is all about.
- D. Fight: : The afflicted person had personal encounter with Jesus
- Part of this person’s restoration was to share the gospel of Christ.
- It’s not the size of our churches we should worry about – but the size of our impact on our communities.
- It’s not a “bless me” club but a “bless others” commission.
Point Four: We make the effort to tell and show others.