CEIS - Christian Education In Schools (ACT only)
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION IN SCHOOLS (ACT Only)
Scripture in schools in ACT is referred to as CEIS (Christian Education in Schools)
If you are in Qld click here.
The following steps must be taken in order to gain authorisation to teach religious education in schools.
1. A Corps has a person wanting to teach scripture.
2. Download the Minister's Endorsement Form (ACT) from this page.
3. Person wanting to become a Scripture teacher fills in the form and then submits it to their Corps Officer for their backing. If the person wanting to become an Scripture worker is the Corps Officer, please submit directly to DHQ for authorisation.
4. Corps Officer completes the rest of the form and emails completed form to DHQ - NSWACTYouthandKids@aue.salvationarmy.org
Where Salvation Army-approved teachers in ACT are encouraged toto use CEP (Christian Education Publications) teacher material.
• Primary school material (https://www.cepstore.com.au/primary-school-books)
• Secondary school material (https://www.cepstore.com.au/secondary-school-books)
These resources are to be used for the appropriate year groups indicated on the CEP website.
On this page you can download the following documents:
• CEIS Code of Conduct (ACT)
• CEIS Ministers Endorsement Form (ACT)
If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at NSWACTYouthandKids@aue.salvationarmy.org